It’s been so long since I blogged, that you may have forgotten who I am. Hopefully this post will serve as a reminder of my crafting prowess (if we understand prowess in this context to mean lack of skill and technical ability…) and this picture as a reminder of my face…
I’ve not crafted for a while, mainly with learning to drive, things being very busy at work and a lack of motivation and inspiration. So, when my mum texted me to ask for a steering wheel cover to keep her hands warm in the morning, I thought it would be an ideal opportunity to get back on the crafting horse, so to speak, and use my lovely Riley Blake fabric.
I used this tutorial by Jasmine T, which I found fairly easy to follow, up until the point of adding the elastic. This may have been made more difficult by the fact I decided to veer from the accepted pattern, and quilt the steering wheel cover.
The addition of the elastic subsequently turned into quite a saga, with me and Todd using wooden skewers, sellotape and A LOT of elbow grease trying to insert the elastic, whilst under the siege of our cats, Chomsky and Bison. I was really pleased with the result, as it actually looked like what is was supposed to (a rare attribute in my handmade goods!), so I parcelled it up and sent it to my mum. As well as an enthusiastic thank you, these were the photos I received back:
Oh dear… I can always use it as a prototype!!